About Your Essential Oils…
- Essential oils are organic, volatile, liquids that are secreted by tiny structures in a plant’s various parts such as the seeds, leaves, fruits, flowers, resins, and woods.
- An essential oil gets its name from the plant from which it is derived.
- These oils were given the name “essential,” because they were believed to capture a plant’s essence, that is its odor and flavor. They lend plants their distinctive fragrance.
- Essential oils act like their original plant’s defense mechanism and are more powerful due to the concentration of healing compounds collected in the oil.
- The specific ratio of the constituents in an essential oil gives it its specific wellness-enhancing and therapeutic qualities.
- Fragrance oils are artificial and synthetically created by chemists, thus they do not contain the same therapeutic benefits as essential oils.
- It is best to avoid essential oils under specific circumstances, especially when…
View original post 2,907 more words