There was something I learned years ago when I was training as a healer: If the energy centre at your root (at the base of your spine) is out of balance, then everything else will end up out of balance, too.
This is because our root is the foundation of our health and well being.
Our physical health, yes, but also
- Our livelihoods, our families, our community relations.
- Ability to remain grounded, centered, empowered.
- To be resilient, to endure.
- To feel safe, secure, provided-for, and strong.
When our root is balanced, we feel confident, capable of handling challenges/stress/obstacles, and optimistic.
Our needs are met, and we feel solid in our place in the world.
But when it’s not balanced:
- We can feel blocked, afraid, or struggling.
- We have weak energy, are fatigued and un-grounded, and have compromised immune systems.
- We can isolate and self-neglect, or overcompensate and look for safety, security, or provision in others.
- Hoarding, recklessness, aggression, conflict, and defensive behaviour can take hold (and we’ve been seeing A LOT of that in recent history).
If the root energy centre continues to function out of balance, that imbalance vibrates up through our energy system and starts to throw off our other energy centres, too.