Many thanks and blessings to Paul over at pvcann for nominating me for the nomination. This is new territory for me as it is my first nomination EVER! When I open my email this morning it was, “I got what? Holy cow!” I was more than a little excited.
I am an avid reader, but I usually get distracted by real life demands before I remember to express my appreciation for the author. I’m getting better about that. So, make sure to visit pvcann for peek into his outlook into life.
Though I am writer, most of my postings are topics written by others who seem to express my thoughts better than I do, and inspire me to share.
The Liebster Award recognises and celebrates bloggers, their content, skill, and contribution to the blogging community. The rules for accepting a nomination are:
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated your blog.
Answer the questions.
Nominate 11 bloggers to encourage them.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know you have nominated them.
Onward to the questions:
Answer The Questions
1. Name you best travel destination.
As a retired over the road driver and gold miners, my husband and I have traveled through the 48 contiguous states. We’ve found many hidden treasures in our travels, but I would have to name Colorado Springs, Colorado as one of our best. Though they have some of the same problems as a BIG city, it also has a small town feel. It’s only a short drive to all the things you visit Colorado to see.
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
This was tough because I’m usually a bit hesitant about extreme things. Extreme usually equates adrenaline high followed by pain. Physically, the most extreme thing was gentling young horses and participating in barrel racing, pole bending, rescue rides, etc. Mentally, the most extreme thing would have been crossing the state of Tennessee during one of the state’s worst ice storms hauling a load of temperature controlled cyanide.
3. What is the most extreme thing you would like to do? Why?
Spend the summer on a friend’s gold claims in Alaska that’s next door to the end of your imagination. No conveniences, no Internet, dredging the river for gold.
4. Who has been the most unusual person you’ve encountered?
While we’ve met several celebrities when we were driving truck, the most interesting was another over the road driver that went my the handle Cajun. Cajun was nearly 7 foot tall, and made most NFL lineman look tiny. He lived with his grandfather in the bayou in a house on stilts. The boardwalk from solid ground to the house often dipped into the bayou, well within reach of any hungry gator cruising by.
5. What is you favourite poem/poet?
I don’t have a favorite poem per say, but enjoy the writings of not only ‘poets’, but also the poetry of song lyrics.
6. What is your favourite novel?
Stranger In A Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
7. Which piece of music is most moving for you?
I love most music. It’s about the song, not the genre, but Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven is one of my all time favorites.
8. If you could be famous, what would you want to be famous for?
My fiction, and our resumed podcasts when we sit still long enough to get started again.
9. Name you favourite movie.
Tough one. Toss-up between Network and Wag The Dog. Yeah, I’ve got a bit of age on me. LOL
10. What inspired you to start writing?
I spent a lot of time on my grandparents’ farm during my school vacations, and had to learn to entertain myself (the TV got 3 channels when the weather was good), so I was always writing scenarios in my head. Most were sparked by whatever book I had just read. After reading many of the fantastic amateur writers on many of the forums I follow, I decided to put pen to paper.
11. Where would you like to be in ten years?
Life will have settled to a point where I can spend more time writing, and moved from publishing short stories to novels.
Thank you for the thought provoking questions.
My 11 Nominations
- Secrets of the Serpent
- Crooked Bear Creek Organic Herbs
- Hocus Pocus 13
- Druid Garden
- Oro Cas Reflects
- Natalie J. Case
- Sylum Clan
- Simon Bowler Photos
- Watts Up With That
- Kool Kosher Kitchen
- Art of Shaima
My Questions to Nominees
- What or Who got you started on your current path?
- What’s number 1 on your bucket list and why?
- What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- If you had 10 minutes with the leader of your country, what words of wisdom would you impart?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite time period, i.e. 1800’s Wild West, Roman Empire, etc. and why?
- If I come visit, what local delicacy are we eating?
- Are you majorly left-brain (rational) or right-brain (artistic)? Or maybe you’re both?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What area of your life needs work, or are you happy with everything?
- What’s your favorite snack?