View original post 604 more words
By Elder Mountain Dreaming
View original post 873 more words
By Amy Brucker
Is there someone you’re dreading seeing for the holidays?
Someone that sucks the life out of you? Someone that makes everything more difficult than it needs to be?
Instead of letting that person pull you into darkness, try being a healing presence instead:
Start by connecting to Source (God, Goddess, your higher self, the Universe)
Notice the person who is upsetting you (or who has upset you in the past).
See their annoying traits as defensive postures that are protecting something vulnerable.
Conjure up empathy for their situation.
See beyond their defenses.
See them as needing love and support.
Look at them with the eyes of Divine Love. (Connect with your heart and when you look at them, feel your heart shining through your eyes.)
Give them some love.
Open to Source for guidance on what needs to be said, done, or given in that moment. Don’t try to force this to happen. Just let it come to you.
Are You Listening with Resistance or Presence?
When you listen to someone, you can listen with resistance or with an open heart.
If you listen with resistance, you might have an inner conversation that sounds like, “Dear God, when will they shut up?” If you do this, you’ll end up feeling exhausted, depleted, and ready to leave because you’re fighting against what’s happening, and that requires a lot of energy.
But if you listen with presence, with an open heart, practicing the above process, you might be surprised at what can happen. You might help that person move beyond their pain, even if just a little bit, so they can experience some light shining on their darkness.
I’m not suggesting you spend hours listening to Aunt Betty complain for hours about her ex-husband Joe, but try this process and see what happens.
If you need to, wear a talisman to help you remember. A bracelet or ring is a good option because you’ll see it whenever you look down. Before you go, charge the talisman with your intention to be present and look through the eyes of Divine Love.
Share with me what happens!
Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa to those who celebrate,
We are in what is referred to as the dark time of the year, when the sunlight has diminished, the nights are long and cold, and spirits roam more freely as the veils thin.
It’s been like this at this time of year, in this hemisphere, for hundreds of years.
For healers and empaths, it’s a time when spiritual self-care is of increased importance, as we’re more susceptible not just to the energy shifts and increased psychic phenomena, but also because we are more powerfully sensitive to the feelings & energy of the world around us.
Have you noticed that lately?
You may also have noticed that the collective unconscious rests very uneasy. There is so much fear, stress, strife, violence, uncertainty, and devastation happening in the world right now. And even if it’s not in your part of the world, or if you’re not hearing about it, the energy can still affect you.
It may make you want to shut off, seal yourself away in your own little bubble, and try to tune it out, but if you’re an empath this is almost impossible, and if you’re a healer (or both), your soul is calling you to respond with love and light.
That’s why you’re here, and you’re needed. But in order to be of service and in order to be ok, you need to be able to take care of yourself first.
Energy shielding and clearing is a must, but it’s only part of the self-care you need. As humans we’re connected to each other, nature and animals in far more ways through our energy fields, especially at night when we’re sleeping.
As our consciousness drifts on the dream and astral plane, we can encounter, interact with, and be affected by energies and spirits far removed from our own on the physical plane.
This can result in:
- restless and/or disturbed sleep and sleep patterns
- dark dreams
- the feeling of not being fully rested upon waking
- feeling seized by panic, anxiety, or deep fear in the middle of the night
- not being able to switch your mind off from your daily problems or the troubles of the world
- emotionally or viscerally experiencing the collective fears and feelings of people and places not directly related to you
- struggling with, feeling trapped or suffocated by dark spirits in your dream state which forces you to wake up
Can you relate to any of this? If so, I have some tips from my own experience that may help you:
- Clear the energy of your space on a regular basis. By clearing the energy in your space, you raise it’s frequency which can naturally repel lower and harmful vibes. You can learn how to do that here.
- Clear your own energy. If you have dark energy or psychic debris hanging around on or in your aura, that can plague you at night. Here’s an article I wrote on how to clear your aura.
- Wear a moonstone necklace when sleeping. Moonstone channels lunar goddess energy that helps to protect us at night and in the dream state. The moon represents light shining through the darkness, and creates an effective energy shield or protective ward for our spirit.
- Soul-centered meditation. Taking a few minutes before going to bed to meditate, and center your focus on your soul, helps anchor your mind in your own divinity which can keep your mental energy from wandering at night. I recorded a 2.5 minute meditation that teaches you how to do that, you can download it free here.
- Say a prayer or set an intention before sleeping. Perhaps you read a Psalm (I recommend #23 or #91), a prayer from your own faith or lineage, call in Divinity or protective angels, or affirm that you will rest peacefully, fully, and safely throughout the night. When we speak with authority energy moves, and we always have authority over our own spiritual dominion (meaning ourselves and our own energy).
- Diffuse calming & protective essential oils at night. Lavender, geranium, rose, citrus + cinnamon + clove, palo santo, or cedar are all good choices.
- Use grounding + protective crystal placements. Put a piece of hematite (2-5″ in diameter) under the sheet at your feet to anchor your energy in the space, and place either selenite or celestite (2-5″, any formation) under the top of your pillow to create a high frequency vibration that will either repel or dissolve lower energies upon contact.