Crystals that are NOT suitable for placing in water / making gem water
This list will explain common stones that are either toxic to use for drinking in gem water or stones that are soluble in water. 🙂
Alunite: Non toxic but soluble in water
Anglesite: Toxic and slightly soluble in water
Arsenopyrite: Potentially toxic
Bunsenite: Toxic; allergen; avoid skin contact
Calomel: Possibly hazardous to health
Chalcanthite: Harmful; easily soluble in water
Cinnabar: Very toxic!
Cinnabar-Opal: The cinnabar stored in the opal is toxic
Durangite: Potentially toxic
Eclipse Stone: Limestone with orpiment, toxic
Eilat Stone: Harmful
Erythrite: Potentially toxic
Fluorite, Antozonite variety: Potentially harmful
Galenite: Toxic and slightly soluble in water
Gaspeite: Harmful; allergen; avoid skin contact
Halite: Not toxic in small quantities, but dissolves easily in water
Iron-nickel Meteorite: Harmful; allergen; avoid skin contact
Jamesonite: Potentially toxic
Lemon Chrysoprase: Potentially harmful; allergen; avoid skin contact
Lopezite: Very toxic! Hazardous even through skin contact
Millerite: Toxic; allergen; avoid skin contact
Nickeline: Toxic; allergen; avoid skin contact
Olivenite: Potentially toxic
Proustite: Potentially toxic
Psilomelane and Pyrolusite: Harmful
Pyromorphite: Potentially toxic
Realgar: Toxic. Store in dark, securely locked place.
Scorodite: Potentially toxic
Sphaerocobaltite: Harmful; allergen; avoid skin contact
Tetrahedrite: Potentially harmful
Ulexite: Non toxic but slightly soluble in warm water
Valentinite and Senarmontite: Harmful
Wulfentie: Potentially toxic
Reblogging complete post so that it is not truncated and lost :3
Signal boost. This is vital information, folks.
Also turquoise is water soluble
selenite is also water soluble, and feldspars like labradorite and rainbow moonstone can lose their luster if left submerged.
This is lengthy, but if you plan on bathing with crystals, charging them in water, putting them in drinking water, or getting them wet in any way you have to do your research to make sure that they won’t dissolve, harm your skin, or literally poison you. Be smart and do the reading!