Use this DIY decongestant rub to drive away persistent coughs.
I’m not going to lie, I actually love the smell of Vicks vapor rub, but in the aim of having a DIY home, I had to give this a go myself and it really does work. The other beauty here is that when you put Vicks under your nose, it kind of burns; this does not! It’s also great for headaches – just put a little on your temples and where the pain is on your forehead.
Yield: makes 150g
- 150g coconut oil
- 4 sprigs each of oregano, sage, thyme, and basil, ripped into pieces
- 15 drops of thyme essential oil
- 15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
Gently heat the coconut oil and all of the herbs in a double boiler until the oil begins to…
View original post 120 more words