The name of this recipe is a homage to one of my go-to cookbooks, The Joy of Cooking, where the extra-special recipes have the moniker “Cockaigne” added. The word comes from a middle-English fable meaning “luxurious and idle paradise;” or abundance! Feel free to add other delicious herbs to the recipe such as organic Vanilla Beans, Hibiscus, Allspice, Star Anise, and more!
- 1 cup dried, organic Elderberries (or 2 cups fresh elderberries)
- 1 teaspoon organic Cinnamon Chips or 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon organic whole Cloves
- 1 teaspoon organic Ginger (powder or root) or 2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon dried organic dried Orange Peel or ¼ cup fresh orange peel
- 1 Tablespoon dried organic dried Bitter Orange Peel
- 1 Tablespoon organic dried Wild Cherry Bark
- 1 Tablespoon organic dried Rosehips
- 10 whole organic Cardamom Pods
- 4-5 cups water
- Put all these ingredients into a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat to boiling.
- Once the mixture boils, turn the heat down and simmer for 20-30…
View original post 437 more words